Thursday, October 9, 2014

Going Under


It’s been a rough couple of weeks around here. My cat was sick and ultimately needed to be euthanized while his climbing vet bills wreaked havoc on my already scant finances and now this morning my car wouldn’t start after dropping off two of the three kids. I sat in the car with the baby waiting for my dad to arrive and I prayed for a miracle. He was able to get my car going but it probably needs a new alternator and it’s leaking coolant for some reason. I feel like I’m going under, I feel so defeated by everything I don’t even know I get up and function each and every day. I’m a tough chick, I’ve been through a lot in the past two years, but I’m getting tired. I’m so tired of the financial burdens that are pulling me under. My mom would tell me to unload some kids, this should help. Sure, paying for daycare isn’t helping matters but at this point it’s the kids that are keeping me going. Snuggling with the baby makes my financial woes fade a bit. I have contacted a credit counseling group to see about getting some help with this problem because I can’t keep carrying on like this. I feel like such a loser…….

 

The baby finally had his two month checkup, even though he’s now three months old, and a round of vaccinations. I was able to get answers to my questions, although the mystery of why the baby hates his car seat has not yet been solved. And there are no real solutions, other than try to find some toys or “get a mirror so you can see him behind you.” That, and pray he out grows the screaming fits in the car…. Overall, the baby is doing very well. He is growing like a weed and weighs 12 pounds now. The doctor was pleased with his progress and declared him fit and thriving. For that I’m glad.

 

The young man that Primero told me about from his after school program has a happy ending to his very sad story. The director of the program plans to adopt this young man and he had the kids at the program write letters to the young man who is staying in the residential facility while things get straightened out. Primero snuck a letter to his brother in amongst all the others. I was so glad to hear this boy would know kindness after the pain he has endured. I think it speaks volumes about the director (and his partner, since I imagine they are doing this together). He truly cares about the kids in his program. There aren’t enough good people like him out there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment