Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Good News or Bad News First?


Do you like to receive the good news first or the bad news? For me, I’d rather have the bad news first so it doesn’t spoil the good news – it’s the let-down before a little high. Sometimes, the good news does not out-weigh the bad and sometimes the bad news distracts from even getting the good news, but usually that is how I like to receive the good/bad news. So, in light of this, here is the bad news, followed by some good.

 

Bad News:

 

  • Primero and I are on the out’s again. We fought viciously Sunday evening and didn’t speak to one another at all on Monday. He text me earlier today and we might be working it out but I’m so tired of the constant fighting. At one point I screamed at him to get out, to pack his shit and get out of the house. It was bad.
  • The plumbing issue cost us a $125 lesson. At least we can now shower again. The tub seems to be leaking on occasion. The battle seems never-ending.
  • The only working back seat door to the van is not working. Like we cannot open it at all because the lock broke and my dad took the mechanism out and the electrical part isn’t working. So, I’m dropping my child off at school, making her climb out the back of the van. Strapping in Love Bug is a treat because I have to lunge over my seat to do it, using only one hand because I need to balance with my other. We desperately need a new van. The one we had barely passed inspection and has more wrong with it than not. No AC (which is so hard with this heat!), the front passenger’s side window does not go down, the fan that blows air on the windshield is broken so when it’s humid it’s hard to see, both back passenger doors do not function, the one light doesn’t stay in place, the release to open the hood is broken, the floor where Chica Marie sits is broken, the driver’s seat cover pops off making it hard to move the seat, and we can’t put the spare back under the van because the contraption holding it is jammed. So, we basically have four new tires and a hunk of junk.
  • I discovered at work this morning that someone I met during a professional development program I attended a few years ago died from a brain aneurysm last Thursday. I also found out the former director of the board over-seeing where I work, passed away last week.
  • A friend convinced me to sign up for a dating app I had never used before. She agreed to sign up too. I went on two dates with two different men I have no plan on dating. The rest of the time I was bombarded with messages that I could not keep up, felt overwhelmed and decided I’d rather be single that keep doing what I was doing.

 

Good News:

 

  • My mom had been so worried about one of the numbers for her CA-125 testing because it was much higher than her previous numbers. She thought for sure it meant her cancer had metastasized. She scheduled herself for a CAT scan, which was last Thursday. The doctor read her CAT scan and said there were no signs of cancer in her body. Hallelujah!
  • I took the wee ones to the pool for Labor Day. It was warm but not excruciatingly hot. Love Bug was getting brave in the big pool because he realized in the three-foot end he could stand. Chica Marie is getting to be a much better swimmer, diving underwater and going into the deeper water. We had a nice time, just the three of us.
  • It’s Taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment