Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Hidden Meaning in Dreams


 

Do you put much weight in dreams? Meaning, do you think they are your subconscious trying to tell you something or just the crazy things your tired noggin pieces together? I’ve had two experiences in my life where a dream seemed to herald an event. One, when friends and I were excited to go to a concert I dreamt the band was going to read letter from fans and then sing to those fans. Turns out they did something just like that. This was before social media, so I had no idea from previous fans or concerts this would be the case. I was pleasantly surprised. In college I had a realistic dream that my mom wanted to ride my horse (I had two, but the one in my dream did not resemble either of my horses), even though I told her it wasn’t a good idea. She fell off the horse and broke her neck. It was only a few days after the dream when my mom shared with me she would be having neck surgery.

 

Last week I had a dream that felt very real. In my dream I was laying in bed with Love Bug, snuggling him to sleep. Primero burst into the room declaring, “We need to drive to upstate New York. We need to get to Esperanza.” He revealed Esperanza had gotten in a fight with her boyfriend and was in the hospital in bad shape. The dream shook me awake. It felt so realistic, I checked my phone when I woke up, just to be sure it was a dream. When I shared it with Primero, he explained his mom also had a dream about something bad happening to Esperanza, although he didn’t elaborate. It has just stuck in my mind since because I do worry about Esperanza. I truly hope things will go better for her, but until or unless she starts making better, long-term decisions, the pattern will continue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment