Thursday, September 27, 2018

Messy Triad


 Earlier in the day on Sunday, Primero received a call from his mom. She was having trouble breathing and, from what I gather, wanted him to pick her up and take her to the hospital. Only, we were out looking for bedding and curtains for my bedroom. So, he suggested she call his older brother Mr J. Later, after returning home and eating dinner, Primero and I were painting the ceiling in my bedroom when his mom called to video chat. I was annoyed because we were busy and didn’t need an interruption, but Primero continued on with the task at hand. His mom, between coughing fits and berating the nursing staff, directed Primero on how to paint. At one point, the angel of the phone allowed her to see into my closet and of course she commented on all the shoes I have. It irritated me because it felt like an invasion of my privacy. I gritted my teeth and kept working. A few minutes later, Primero and I were giggling about something he said or did (I honestly don’t remember) and his mom abruptly ended the call. I suggested the call got dropped or perhaps a doctor had entered the room to talk to her. Primero didn’t think that was the case and his suspicions were later confirmed when his mom text him, “I didn’t want to interrupt family time.”

“It seems seeing us getting along made her feel some type of way,” Primero told me. I scoffed at the sentiment, “I didn’t know painting the ceiling was family time.” And make some other comment about her judgment on the amount of shoes I own (of which she only saw a fraction).  Primero then got upset and said he couldn’t bother with either one of us because we always got upset about something. Luckily, his mom was discharged from the hospital later that evening. Her asthma and smoking seemed to aggravate the bronchitis she didn’t know she had and so with a breathing treatment and some antibiotics she would be fine. As for the messy triad we represent, there’s lots of room for improvement….

No comments:

Post a Comment