Wednesday, October 31, 2018

All Hallow's Eve


I didn’t talk to Primero’s aunt or mother last night. I told them I felt Primero was capable of talking to me about the issues between the two of us. His aunt responded, stating she was sorry for trying to talk to me, and she hopes he does tell me everything. I’m glad she didn’t push the issue any further because I honestly don’t think I could have held my tongue had they gotten me on the phone. I don’t know what their agenda was but I certainly didn’t think it was their place to be talking to me, nor did I wish to hear their two cents on the matter. See, that’s the thing about how Primero pits us against one another; my tolerance is at an all-time low and I have zero respect for his mother and aunt at this point. I do not need their insight to make decisions and move forward. When I mentioned to Primero how I did not want to talk to them, he said he talked to his aunt and asked her to back off. I think the whole thing was a set-up.

 

Love Bug has been looking forward to Halloween this year and when he wore his costume to trick-or-treat at the farmer’s market this past weekend I could not get him to take it off. We made special treats for his daycare class and he was so excited to take them along. This year will be the first year Primero isn’t going trick-or-treating with us. It was always something we did as a family, even if he never collected candy for himself. He is going to his brother’s house instead, so I will be taking the kids out by myself. We shall see how long they want to stay out before they get tired and want to go home and eat candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment