Monday, October 1, 2018

Birthday Girl


Today is my birthday.

 

Last night my co-worker friend text me a picture of a positive pregnancy test. Last Thursday she got a DUI. She plans on terminating the pregnancy. In her text message she asked me to “be there for her” because she “is going to need me.” I don’t know why this  couldn’t wait until Tuesday. Her and I were supposed to go out for drinks after work tonight. I really don’t want to go.

 

Primero and I got into a tiff last night because he used the van to take a friend to work, only instead he hung out at his friend’s house and didn’t get home until nearly midnight. I was livid and he, of course, thinks it wasn’t a big deal.

 

For all of my other co-workers who have birthday’s recently, a staff member has decorated their desks and cubicles. I got into work expecting to see streamers and decorations. There were none. Not even a card. It made me feel like crying.

 

The highlight of my day will be taking Love Bug to the dentist. At least I get to leave work early.

 

Happy Birthday to me.

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I am sorry no one decorated your desk and that you are feeling sort of forgotten on your special day. Maybe you can do something nice for yourself....a hot bath or sneak out during lunch to get a pedicure or even just a delicious treat?
    And I don’t blame you for not wanting to go out with your friend after her news....I wouldn’t no what to say either.
    Sending you some birthday wishes and a big hug and love out to you today. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I ended up just treating the day like any other day, and that seemed to help me right the ship. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I remember when one of my friends told me about her positive pregnancy test on my birthday. I still haven't gotten past it.
    I'm super sorry that no one decorated your desk. That's sucky.

    Imagine all the pretty decorations and a confetti cannon. KABOOOM Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kindness in reaching out and putting a smile on my face. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Your first vignette set my teeth on edge. Sounds like a not-fun week, which is the opposite of what your birthday week should be. Hope the dentist appointment went well. Wishing you a good year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dentist appointment did go well! My little guy is a trooper. The week has improved a hair, so there's that. Monday just wasn't a great day, but it's over now. If I'm lucky, there will be many more better birthday's to celebrate.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear. I think since your birthday was so disappointing, you should pick a day and do something special for yourself to make up.

    ReplyDelete