Monday, November 5, 2018

Bring On The Rain

Things have been hard lately. I feel like all my children are spiraling out of control. Love Bug was suspended from daycare, Chica Marie was bullying girls at daycare, and well I've written volumes about the issues with Primero.

Saturday afternoon I was caught in the crossfire of a spat between Esperanza and her ex-boyfriend. The result was a brick being thrown into my van windshield. Trying to get it fixed has proven problematic because it stated raining last night. I took off of work today but still the windshield isn't fixed because they can't fix the windshield in the rain.

I was feeling broken and defeated. My phone reminded me I had an appointment at the chiropractor. I walked in the rain, the skies darkening as I trudged along feeling pretty miserable. As I sat waiting to be seen, I overheard a conversation between the secretary and another patient. I didn't hear much, but I heard the secretary explain her daughter, in a far away state, recently had a baby but things didn't go as planned. The baby got wedged in the birth canal and it took 7 nurses pushing on the mom's abdomen with the doctor tugging to get the baby out. The newborns shoulder was broken in the process and there were other complications because the baby is in the NICU. The mom sustained a fourth degree tear (don't google this). The secretary expressed how worried she was and how much she just wanted to be there for her daughter, especially since her in-laws were on vacation in Hawaii and the couple is without support.

Suddenly, as I listened to someone in much more difficult circumstances than my own, my burden lightened just a tad, just enough for my to pick up my head and soldier on.




Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.




3 comments:

  1. I am sorry it has been so difficult lately. When it rains, it pours, I tend to find. And yes...there is always a story of someone who has it worse. But that doesn’t mean you still don’t have a right to feel bad for yourself or your situation. Be easy on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of Chica Marie and Love Bug's behaviors sound a lot like my son Primo. He has benefited immensely from ABA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy. I'm sorry it's been so hard lately. Keep soldiering on!!

    ReplyDelete