Tuesday, November 27, 2018

One Down, One to Go


We survived Thanksgiving. I spent the morning convincing myself to relax and do nothing (which eventually turned into 4 days of the same thing, so now the house is a giant mess and I lack the motivation to do anything more than spot clean). Love Bug and I shared a head cold and he spiked a slight fever a few times. I made guacamole for our offering to Thanksgiving dinner. It was received very tepidly. My sister enjoyed it. And my cousin’s wife  ate some (she’s vegan, so she brings her own stuff mostly). And my kids. Chica Marie had several heaping helpings and it was the only thing Primero ate. Yes, Primero went along with us to my aunt and uncle’s for Thanksgiving for the first time in at least two years. He kept to himself on his phone and only talked to me to say my mom gave him a stink eye when she saw him. We didn’t stay at the festivities very long because Love Bug was demanding we leave (Mommy, can we go home?) after he spent the entire day asking to go to “uncles” house. I wasn’t feeling the greatest, so I was fine with leaving after only a few hours. I only lamented not being able to spend more time with my sister and brother-in-law, who were also in attendance for the first time in a few years. The highlight of the day was meeting my aunt and uncle’s new chocolate lab-sheep dog puppy, Odin.

No comments:

Post a Comment