Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Chaperoned Date


We saw the dentist yesterday afternoon and it was determined that Love Bug would have the damaged tooth removed. The dentist questioned if the tooth was pushed up into the gum, but it was hard to really access the trauma to the area because Love Bug would not hold still. To keep him calm, Primero had turned music on his phone and gave Love Bug the phone to hold. But then Primero’s mom called and so he snatched away the phone and disappeared (I brought him along specifically to help me so I was very displeased when he just disappeared), causing Love Bug to have a full on temper tantrum in my lap on the dentist chair. Not a conducive environment to evaluating the condition of his teeth, as can be imagined. The dentist did think the tooth next to his front tooth was also severely chipped and she said she would cap it while he was under getting the first tooth removed. The earliest appointment time for the extraction was Monday. So Love Bug needs to deal with his discomfort for a week. He’s been particularly grumpy since the accident and the only remedy I have is baby Tylenol. I worry about giving him too much of it, so I’m trying to limit it to once at night before bed and once in the morning to get the day going. I feel so bad for him! Primero doesn’t think he’s in pain, but I think he’s uncomfortable. It’s going to be a long week if he is this grumpy every day!

 

So this past weekend was an interesting one. The only plans I had for Saturday was to go grocery shopping. While cleaning the house I overheard Primero’s girlfriend telling him she was super-bored. As it often does, my mouth began talking before my head had a chance to think about what it was saying. Why not invite her along? We were going further than we usually do to grocery shop because we were going to a discount store about 20 minutes away. Eek! But, I’ve offered for her to do stuff with us before and she was never allowed, so my mind soothed itself saying, she’ll never be allowed to go along! Then Primero came out of his bedroom wearing cologne and I knew it was happening. Sigh. So, we drove to her house to pick up her and her baby, then piled them into the van with the four of us and we were on our way. How strange it was to see Primero helping his girlfriend with her baby! And, sort of annoying because it left me to fend for myself. Love Bug was especially upset by Primero’s attention being on another baby, while Chica Marie peppered the girlfriend with question after question during our drive. I got a little annoyed when the two love birds and baby ran off in the grocery store, mostly because Love Bug took his jealousy out on me, but also because Primero had my phone and thus my shopping list. After purchasing our supplies we headed back home to have dinner at Appleby’s. When the girlfriend took her daughter to the bathroom to change her Primero asked me if he was being a good boyfriend. I think he was nervous, which was kind of cute. I assured him he was being a good boyfriend and I pretended not to notice when they sneaked a kiss. Love Bug was a complete bear during dinner while the girlfriend’s little girl was a total angel. Sigh. Why does it seem I always have the kid acting up? If it’s not Chica Marie, it’s Love Bug. Primero mentioned how his girlfriend had worried the day would be exceptional awkward. I told him I wouldn’t ask her along if I was only going to be mean to her the whole time. I told him he doesn’t give me enough credit. It was an interesting outing and probably something I wouldn’t be opposed to doing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment