Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Mini Time Capsule


Yesterday I wrote about a lot of stuff. It was just the stuff cluttering my mind and life lately and it felt good to just let it out. My life is complicated, but who doesn’t have a complicated life?

 

Last night I didn’t quite get all my chores completed, but I did manage to move my sweaters to the storage bins in my closet and bring out my summer clothes. As I was making the swap, some of the clothing I was rediscovering brought back memories from when I wore it last. The coral colored one shoulder shirt that might be too young for me these days, reminds me of the Ariana Grande concert where it was storming and Primero and Esperanza and I embraced our drenched condition and decided to sing and dance in the rain. As I tucked away the winter sweaters, my fluffy purple sweater reminded me of Christmas, when the house was full of kids and cheer. I thought of how this seasonal exchange was like a mini time capsule, storing memories of the past season and reintroducing memories of the year before. I wondered who I would be when I re-opened these containers to find warm sweaters for the cold season. And I remembered the hopes I had had when I exchanged my sleeveless tops for my fuzzy fleeces. Some of the memories made me sad, thinking about how different things were when fall befell us. But, I try not to dwell in remnants of what could have been. There is plenty of things I have to worry about in the present.

 

This morning I was harassed by my sister’s fiancĂ© regarding the bridal shower invitations. Good Lord! Listen, I wish I had had them out last week, but it was a rough week and it didn’t happen. The good news is the darn things are in the mail now! Sheesh! I was sent a short response regarding the invitations and tried to not be irritated by the whole thing. I’m sure his mother put him up to asking me about it and her intrusion is now working on my last nerve. She has wanted to run this show from the get go and while I was initially enthused to have the help I now feel like she is stepping on toes and I’m ready for the whole thing to be over and done. Fortunately, after this irritant I discovered that Mr.J’s girlfriend has heeded my gentle prodding about GED classes in the young adult program where I work and she joined the class. I cannot tell you how much this boosted my spirits! Finally! Someone has heard what I said and my words did not fall on deaf ears! I am so proud of her for taking this step because things can only go up from here. The young adult program will not only help her get her GED but it will also help her with post-secondary education and/or job placement. I had told Mr. J and his girlfriend about this program months ago and had given up hope she would actually start the classes, so it was extra-sweet to see her this morning after dealing with more wedding drama.

 
Tonight there is a planning meeting scheduled for the little ones. The county case worker will not be there, she already sent an email. She did offer one piece of information and that was the date for TPR. It is set two weeks before Love Bug’s second birthday in June. So, roughly two weeks after we have court next month for a permanency hearing, there will be a TPR hearing. The email said the neither CHOR case worker nor the three of us have to attend the TPR hearing. I’m glad we won’t have to be there because I’m sure it will be an emotional event. If this case follows like Primero’s case did, adoption will be roughly 9 months after TPR, so sometime in March of next year. I’m hoping this case will move faster, but I certainly won’t hold my breath

No comments:

Post a Comment