Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Facebook Pregnant


My younger cousin, who just got married in August, is going to be a father. His wife posted a picture of their new puppy sleeping and captioned it “I wander what sort of human my parents are getting me?” and then titled the post, “I guess we should make it official” and she tagged her mom and my aunt. In response to one of the comments she stated she was only about 6 weeks along but hoped to have a more accurate reading at an ultrasound scheduled for next week. I found this on my wall just after scrolling quickly past a former co-worker’s daughters gender reveal (she is also a newlywed) – they’re having a boy, in case you wanted to know. I’m not sure why this pregnancy announcement is getting under my skin. I mean, I felt more apathetic finding out my ex had a son on January 8th; ok maybe not apathetic but more resigned. Reading the Facebook post I got the familiar kick to the gut feeling and was immediately sorry I had been scrolling along so haphazardly. I’m sure my cousin and his wife will be good parents, not that that has any bearing on fertility, I guess it was the seemingly easy and nonchalant way they conceived. It’s like, yawn, yeah I’m preggo. I’m just glad the holidays are over but I’m not looking forward to the baby shower. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry girl. Pregnancy announcements on FB still gut me. Even my old co-worker who is sweet and smart and has been happily married for three years. Still, I was gutted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah I get this feeling all the time. For some people it is the easiest thing ever! They can just come off the pill or whatever than then bang pregnant, nine months later baby. And then they can plan exactly when to have a second or third child, easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook baby announcements suck, I still hate them to this day.

    ReplyDelete