Monday, January 30, 2017

Life's Not Fair


It's like I’m on fire and rather than dousing the flames the county and CHOR just explain why they can’t use the fire extinguisher to help me. I am beyond angry yet there is no point in wasting my energies in righting this wrong. No one with the power to do anything cares and no one who cares can do anything. CHOR tells me there is another family dealing with the same thing, but they can’t do anything about it. That actually makes me more angry – que sera, sera? Um, not when it’s your life in limbo! Trust me, if this were you, you wouldn’t have the same nonchalant feelings about it. The county case worker assured me it will happen in March because they gave a court order with no more continuances. I mean, unless the county decides to continue it because the moving around has only been because of the mom and her attorney the last two times. The court date, as I understand it, has been moved 5 times now. FIVE TIMES! Oh well. Nobody cares. Three little children are living in limbo, their lives on pause, having to have every damn decision drug out until every effort is made to contact their unreachable mom no matter how emergent the situation? It is what it is. It’s happened to other families and it will continue to happen because the lives of these children don’t really matter they are just faceless numbers to disassociated, compassionless bureaucrats.

The TPR hearing was scheduled for today. It didn’t happen. It was continued again. This is the fifth time the court hearing has been moved since June 2016. Some of the reasons have been the GAL not being available, mom’s attorney being in the hospital, and today’s reason du jour – mom’s attorney has a big case this week and couldn’t make it to court today. You know, because this little case is so less important. I emailed my CHOR case worker and asked who I can complain to with the power to do something because how can this keep happening? Why aren’t these children important enough to get this taken care of, to make it a priority? Chica Marie has had 3 birthday’s with me, in foster care. She has spent half her life in the system. Love Bug has spent his ENTIRE life in foster care. Luckily, he has been in the same home the whole time, so he doesn’t know he’s in foster care. Chica Marie was only in two homes, which is a good thing for her because she so needs the stability and continuity and if she had been in a lot of other homes she would probably be a total behavioral mess (more so than she already is). These children matter. The powers that be need to get off their high horses and see these children. Nothing will change until they give a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment