Monday, January 30, 2017

Regrets


I wish I could say I live my life without regrets. I certainly aspire to do so, but there are a few things I wish I wish I could do-over. One of those things is how I handled myself when Love Bug first came home. Don’t get me wrong, I was totally smitten with this baby and I could not have loved him more. But, I was scared, no terrified. I was scared he wouldn’t stay, like the other baby placements I had previously. And I let that fear keep me from doing the things I might have done had I not been so frightened of losing him. Because I knew I wouldn’t be having bump pictures or grainy ultrasound pictures to foist upon friends and foes alike, I desperately wanted to do a newborn photo shoot with all those cutesy little Ann Geddes-esk poses and props. I even talked to my photographer friend about doing it and she was game. But, I was too fearful of doing the photo shoot and having to hand the baby back to his mom that I never got around to do the pictures. And now I regret it. Sure, I have my amateur photos of baby Love Bug and some are precious, but it’s not the same. I wish I had the hindsight I have now, in knowing that even if baby Love Bug didn’t stay and become my son, I would still cherish the pictures and it would have been equally as nice for his mom to receive them as well.

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you don't have the photos. It's frustrating to know that the moment has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regrets do suck. But make sure you get to do cute photos now too.

    ReplyDelete