Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Losing Our TSS Worker


My institution was correct (see yesterday’s post), Chica Marie’s TSS worker is leaving. She is taking a better job that offers her health insurance. I totally get it, but it does suck for us. She has been so helpful in making this school year a success for Chica Marie and I really felt like she was finally starting to get somewhere with this child. Not only that, but she got me. She understood why I was upset about lying, even little unimportant white lies. And, she didn’t think me getting upset over Chica Marie pulling out her hair style as some unimportant issue to not get worked up about. If I thought it was an issue, then it was an issue. She kept apologizing to me last night and I told her she needed to do what is best for her. Does it suck for us? Yes, yes it does. Will we be able to move on? Of course we will. I just hope we find another good TSS worker, someone who stays firm with Chica Marie, yet loves on her when she’s made progress and someone who supports me in trying to mother a child with difficult behaviors. The TSS worker plans on coming over tonight to tell Chica Marie. Her last day is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment