Tuesday, August 1, 2017

It Sucks for Both of Us


When I was visiting with my mom on Sunday, she mentioned being annoyed at the baby shower for my cousin. I knew she was going because she had called me Saturday afternoon for the directions, since she hasn’t figured out how to use her phone as a GPS. She said it was pretty easy to find and she had an ok time, but it was very long and drawn out. She sat with my aunt’s family and some of them were still complaining about the poor wedding food, but thankfully my aunt prepared the food for the shower, so it was good. My mom said there was a priest there, she assumed to bless the baby and the birth and the shower lasted so long that they couldn’t enjoy her opening the gifts because it was taking too long. I saw some decorations on Facebook and it looked nice, but I am glad I didn’t go. My mom reiterated the same sentiment. She said it was hard for her to be there because everyone was talking about their grandchildren and “even though you have these guys (Chica Marie and Love Bug) it’s not the same. I don’t get 9 months with you in a traditional pregnancy.” I’m sorry my uterus has disappointed us both. And, I’m even more glad I didn’t go to the shower to face that disappointment head on. I know my parents looked forward to being grandparents. I’m sorry my body didn’t cooperate to make that happen. It sucks for both of us.

1 comment: