Monday, September 25, 2017

A Little Levity


Things are still swirling around and my emotions are still very strung out at the moment. So, in light of the doom and gloom, I wanted to bring some levity to my blog and share a funny story about Love Bug. The little guy was potty trained during my fourth of July break from work. In August we went on a bunch of day trips during our staycation. Our longest trip was just over two hours, which is the longest trip I’ve taken with the little ones in quite some time (probably since Love Bug was tiny and we went down the shore for a day trip). As inevitably happened during the trip, Love Bug had to pee when there was literally nothing around but mountains and grass. No rest stops, gas stations, diners or anything for miles and miles. So, I did what any mom would do, I pulled over on the shoulder at a grassy spot and had Love Bug tinkle in the weeds, which was challenging because I had just spent the better part of a month teaching him to aim down whilst sitting on the potty. We lucked out and Love Bug watered the weeds and not us and we were on the road again. The following week Love Bug and Chica Marie were playing in our backyard when Chica Marie can running inside shouting, “Mommy gross look at Love Bug!” I peered out the back door just in time to see Love Bug standing in the backyard, his shorts and undies at his knees. Being the good egg that he is, he had tucked in to tinkle and was peeing behind himself in a long, yellow stream. So it looked like his rear end was peeing. I laughed so hard my ribs hurt! I wish I had been able to capture it on my phone because it was just so darn funny and Love Bug was so proud of himself! He’s such a silly kid sometimes!

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

4 comments:

  1. I have to laugh because He-Beat has done something similar (only a couple of days ago). I consider it a win as 1) he's incorporating what you taught him and 2) it still results in dry undies.

    Been reading past posts and lady, you deserve this levity. I'm so sorry for all that has been happening. You're right about being angry for how you and your family have been minimized in this process, all which could have beeen alleviated through simple communication. May this mess be worked out and you continue to receive the support you actually need.

    And may there be more light moments like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute! I laughed at Chica Marie's reaction - such a classic big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Omg, hilarious.
    Hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete