Monday, September 18, 2017

Emotionally Rough

This weekend was rough emotionally. Primero knows a little about what is going on but the wee ones are oblivious, as they should be. Still, Chica Marie knows something is up. She caught me crying, just a few tears leaking down my cheeks in an unguarded moment, and she came to comfort me. First, she tried getting me to tell her what was wrong. “You can tell me Mommy, I’m your daughter you don’t have to keep secrets from me. I won’t tell anyone.” When I explained I could not tell her, but that she shouldn’t worry she patted my shoulder and said, “It’s ok Mommy. I’m your daughter. I’m right here and I’m not going anywhere, ok?” It took all I had to not break down sobbing. (To better understand the emotional dynamics to this exchange, read here and here)






Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

2 comments:

  1. Just read the last two posts. I'm so sorry. Ugh, I'm so sorry this is all happening to you.

    ReplyDelete