Friday, September 15, 2017

From Bad to Worse


I had an inkling I wouldn’t like what I heard from my CHOR case worker and I was right. While CHOR might approve of the Filial therapy plan, it seems the county has a different agenda. According to my case worker Grandma and her wife have come forward as adoptive resources for Chica Marie. CHOR has asked to have a meeting because a) they are not a therapeutic foster home and b) they would like to discuss this less-drastic option of therapy. I feel betrayed. I feel like I’ve been stabbed in the back. I feel like the new county worker does not like me and has her own agenda regarding Chica Marie. I fear Love Bug might be their next move and why not? He’s potty trained now! I feel jaded and immensely hurt. But, worst of all, I am totally and utterly powerless. I have no rights. I have no say. And, if I push too hard I know the county will retaliate and they will always win. I hope we do have a meeting to talk things over but I half suspect the county worker simply won’t entertain such an endeavor. It’s nice to know CHOR has my back but their hands are as tied as mine are – they can’t risk losing funding over a squabble with the county. Therapeutic foster care felt like hell, this feels even worse.

1 comment: