Monday, September 11, 2017

Should I be Offended?


Two recent events had me sitting and pondering – Should I be offended?

 

Quick background information to understand scenario one. I’m not sure how much I wrote about it, but Primero had been getting close to a young man at the end of the school year in the spring. They came close to messing around (physically) and the young man seemed rather interested in Primero as more than just a friend (although, to me, it seemed like the young man wanted less of a relationship and more of a booty-call situation). That is, until the young man’s parents found out their son was hanging out with my son who identifies as bi-sexual. They quickly put the kibosh on the situation and forbade their son from even communicating with my son, who was rather hurt by the whole thing as you can imagine. I expressed indignant outrage when the boy's mom rebuffed my son’s (very mature) efforts to let her get to know him before passing judgment. She said he wouldn’t be welcome in their home but could come to their church. I gave her a scathing tongue lashing (not in person because we have never met – thank goodness!) and concentrated my efforts to helping heal Primero’s wounds. Fast forward to the start of the new school year and this young man is in one of Primero’s classes and seemingly trying to rekindle whatever it was they had before. Somehow recently, because this is a small town we live in, Primero’s mother met this young man’s mother and, having been informed of the above issue, “went ghetto” on her, screaming and threatening to fight her for being “ignorant” towards her son. Primero, in relaying this story to me said, “You can’t imagine how angry she was about This Boy’s mom saying what she said.” To which I replied, “Yes, yes I can because that was me about 4 months ago when this first happened.” I mean….. hello?! It’s hard to not feel some type of way about this, you know what I mean?

 

Not long after the above exchange, where Primero’s mother came riding in as the righteous and conquering hero to an old situation, Chica Marie looked at me and said, “You know Mommy, you’re a good mommy. Almost as good as my Mommy V.” Face palm. I’m done!



Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that happened to Primero. I think the other boy's mother is going to have a really rude awakening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the friend's mother is going to have some issues in the future. It's sad to think her son is doing a lot of behind-the-scene things because of fear of his parents rejection. They sort of pushed him into his current relationship with a girl who goes to their church and from what I hear, this boy is not loyal to her at all....

      Delete
  2. I am the type of person to feel offended and ever so sad.
    It's ok to have whatever feelings you have.
    Any more news on what's happening with Chica Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wasn't offended by any of the above. It's all par for the course when it comes to adoption. Sadly, no updates regarding Chica Marie. As far as I know, the county is seeking a placement for her.

      Delete
  3. Oh my... That's tough. I'm the type of person that would be offended by that, so I hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, that mother is not helping her son at all.

    And I really feel for you for the comments you've received from the kids. It's inevitable, I guess, but must have hurt. Sending best wishes.

    ReplyDelete