Monday, October 23, 2017

Separate Yet Equal


Chica Marie’s adoption is currently on hold. I’m not sure what exactly will cause the county to feel ready to proceed, but I know her adoption is currently postponed. When we had the big meeting, the GAL was opposed to finalizing Love Bug’s adoption without his sister. The GAL said this would crush Chica Marie and I tend to agree. But, on the other hand, they (the county/GAL) cannot allow the tumultuous circumstances with Chica Marie to hold up the adoption of Love Bug because that isn’t fair to him. We are very much stuck between a rock and a hard place because there is no easy answer. The CHOR adoption case worker has proposed finalizing Love Bug’s adoption on the DL (down low) and then celebrating both of their adoptions when Chica Marie is adopted. This only works if no one breathes a word to Chica Marie about Love Bug’s adoption. Which means not telling Mini Momma, it would seem. I see so many more pitfalls to this plan than I see positives. The one great positive the adoption case worker mentioned was no longer having to worry about grandma taking Love Bug – she couldn’t do that if he was adopted. While I can voice an opinion and of course I could down-right not agree to adopt Love Bug without his sister, I do so at my own peril. The vision I had of all three siblings being adopted on the same day in one big, happy ceremony has evaporated into ether. At best, I can hope for a subdued adoption for Love Bug and a mock celebratory one for Chica Marie. The only lasting solace I have is knowing, at that point, it would all be over.

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs. I'm so sorry that this is happening. I hope things will get better and that the county will feel ready to proceed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a completely hard choice. All I can speak to is my own experience and I would want to get Love Bug's adoption finalized as soon as I could. You are the only parent he knows and he needs you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry you are going through all this. It's definitely a tough situation and I'm thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete