Thursday, October 12, 2017

Where We Are Now


I haven’t written about the big meeting we had last Friday. Mostly, I’m exhausted mentally and emotionally, so I’m loathe to rehash it all. But, also because there really isn’t anything new to say. The good news is, Chica Marie is not being moved. Not at this time at least. I think, if the GAL were to see things her way, Chica Marie would be given to her grandmothers because the GAL thinks they are so amazing and I am so not. The GAL expressed issues not only about my parents but also Primero not supporting the adoption and basically, not liking Chica Marie. Apparently, Chica Marie always tells the GAL how mean Primero is and the GAL, who likes to pretend she knows everything about these children she has met just twice, believes Chica Marie’s statement at face value. Keep in mind, she had never met Primero. She has never seen him interact with the children. But, Chica Marie says he’s mean, so he must be mean…. I’m so thankful the GAL is leaving and I’m hoping the new GAL is not overly influenced by her opinions. The county does want to see me using the grandmas as respite and there needs to be monthly visits. It’s a sore spot for me because I really feel hurt and betrayed by Grandma. Still, I have to make it happen. I have to dig deep and be the bigger person. I haven’t yet reached out to Grandma because I’m dreading the conversation I feel we need to have. But, it’s on my agenda. It has to happen.

 

It was agreed upon in the meeting that we would pursue Family Based therapy but keep our TSS in the school with Chica Marie. There was a speed-bump with the insurance and therapy agency, but I think we have it all ironed out. We are also going to pursue the Filial therapy that I had found and we can keep the agency I found because they can continue using my insurance. Chica Marie and I have our first family session in two weeks. It’s the same time our Family Based therapy will begin. I feel a lot of pressure from the county to make this all work. I feel like they are expecting me/us to fail. I’m going to do all I can to make sure we are a success story. The ultimate goal is for Chica Marie to have a better quality of life, one where she can make and keep friends, one where her behaviors don’t prohibit her learning and one where the entire family can embrace her lovingly without her pushing us all away. Is that too lofty of a goal? Good, because Chica Marie deserves no less.

2 comments:

  1. Things seem like they may be moving in a positive direction... cautiously optimistic, perhaps? You are doing everything you can to fight for your girl and what’s best for her. I applaud your strength — and hers. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't say it better. My sentiments exactly.

      Delete