Monday, June 4, 2018

Murphy's Monday


I hate feeling like I have to hide my things in my own house. I don’t like living looking over my shoulder to make sure my things aren’t taken without my permission. Because Primero took the van without permission and lied about it (and still refuses to fess up), I hide the car keys at night. But, if I want my things to do unmolested in the bathroom, I’m going to have to come up with a better system than trusting my children will not take things that don’t belong to them. On Saturday I set a sample of a new face wash and various lotions on the sink in the bathroom. I wasn’t in the mood to try them yesterday, but wanted to give it a try this morning. Only, two of the four samples were missing. My things grow legs and just walk away on their own. They just get up and sneak into Chica Marie’s bedroom. Only…. That isn’t what happened. No, she took my things. Not for the first time or even the second time, but for the umpteenth time I was stupid enough to not keep my things under lock and key and so they are taken and used and I’m left wanting.

 

It was already an awful morning before I realized the product I wanted to use was not where I had left it.  In true Murphy's Law fashion, my morning started out with one misfortune following the next. The kids ate (and by ate, I mean took a bite and threw the rest away) all the bananas (there was about a half dozen) Sunday morning because I refused to get up before 8 am, leaving me with no bananas for my morning smoothie. I tried using an apple, but the blender protested and took an inordinate long time to blend the apple slices. While trying to retrieve the apple and my packed lunch from the refrigerator I accidentally dropped a container of chicken noodle soup my father had gifted us and of course the container broke and soup spilled all over the floor. I dropped half of the apple in the trash while trying to core it (I need one of the apple corer things my mom has…). After the blender finally managed to chop and blend the apple and other ingredients, I put it in the sink to rinse it and discovered it has a huge crack in the side, which I’m not sure was there before. It means I need a new blender because finding the right blender cup seems more daunting.   

 

The pattern of taking things and lying has been an issue for so long with Chica Marie and I am so tired of it. I do not know how to make it stop. I do not know how to help her understand it isn’t ok to take something that doesn’t belong to you, it isn’t ok to lie. I feel like we just keep re-living this same scene over and over and over again and we are both unable to stop it. I would like to get off this merry-go-round now. I would like to be able to trust the people I live with and not feel foolish for not hiding everything and keeping my room on lock-down. Is that too much to ask?  


Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.     

2 comments:

  1. Most blenders will fit a Mason jar but I'm drawing a blank whether it's regular or wide mouth jars, since it's been a while since I used it. I only have experience with the $20-$40 Walmart ones so this might not apply if you have a nicer/more expensive blender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to do or say about the taking stuff. Does she do it with her friends? It might be her trying to get your attention--that's why I would do it with my sister.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete