Friday, December 11, 2015

Case Worker Friends


It’s funny how, with some of the case workers, we could have been friends had we not been in this case worker/foster parent situation and with others is strictly work. Our previous CHOR case worker, who Primero was really close to, is one case worker I would consider a friend. She wanted so badly to come to his adoption but she started a new job where she’s living in Florida and while she thought she could skip the training and just take and pass the test, she found out two days before she planned on leaving that this was not the case and she physically had to be there for the training. She even bought her plane ticket! Primero was very upset, but he understood. She did say she plans on coming up right before Christmas and hopes to see us then. That’s when it struck me that we could have her over for a visit as a friend. I even suggested we grab lunch or a coffee together. I feel like I might have that same relationship with our county case worker. We chat, mostly about the kids, but she shared pictures of her kids with me and we talked about a mutual friend, so it’s sort of strange. Perhaps it’s because we are contemporaries? A lot of the CHOR foster families are couples a decade older than me or single women my mother’s age. We don’t have any young foster parents, really. Who knows, maybe the county case worker and I will become friends after the babies are adopted?

No comments:

Post a Comment