Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Making His Own Plans


I thought we had an understanding on the visits with Hermano, but I guess I was wrong. When we dropped him off Christmas night, Primero went with him to his room to help carry his gifts inside and I spoke with the foster mom in her kitchen. She mentioned Hermano would be in respite from Sunday until probably Wednesday because her husband was having surgery and they had to travel a distance to get there and would be staying over at least one night. When I mentioned New Year’s eve she cut me off and said they didn’t want Hermano making his own plans because they might have plans and so they would talk about it and get back to me. She also said she didn’t know anything about him visiting with his mom on Thursday and we didn’t speak about it any further. I asked her to let me know what they decide, so I know what I’m doing, but I was rather irritated at the exchange. Hermano had been trying to arrange it so that the agency that drives him to and from his visit with his mom could drop him off at my place, instead of his foster home. But, who knows what will happen now. I understand the need to concentrate on the foster father’s surgery, but wouldn’t it make it easier for them to have Hermano spend time away, since he’s going to respite anyway? Thus far, I haven’t hear anything about Hermano coming over and I don’t want to pester the case workers since they felt so confident we could work out these visits, but I’m afraid if I do nothing, then nothing will be done. I must try to remain patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment