Monday, August 20, 2018

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes


Chica Marie was sitting next to me on the couch. She reached over to side-hug me and ended with her hand on my lower abdomen. “Mommy, I wish you had a baby in your tummy,” she said gently rubbing my pudge. Startled, I glanced down at her and she grinned back up at me. “If you did have a baby in your stomach, would you let me and Love Bug rub your tummy and talk to the baby?” She was warming up to the idea, gently tapping my stomach and pretending to feel the non-existent baby inside. I wanted to run, to disappear, to be anywhere in the world but sitting next to this darling little girl and have to tell her she was dreaming an impossible dream. Instead, I took a deep breath and put my hand on top of hers. “If I were to have a baby I would let you and Love Bug rub my tummy and talk to the baby because he or she would be your little brother or sister.” Chica Marie snuggled her head onto my belly and sighed, “I wish you could have a baby Mommy.” I wiped a tear from my eye and patted her head gently, remembering how many times I had wished the same thing in the past.




Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a lovely moment, and what a heart-breaking one too. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete