Thursday, August 9, 2018

No Need for Respite


Nearly a month ago I emailed my family case worker at CHOR stating we felt ready to host selective respite cases. I explained we would be able to handle a girl who could stay with Chica Marie, probably 10 or under and/or an infant who would stay in my bedroom. I have not received a call since her reply indicating she would notify the case workers at their next staff meeting. I know our situation does not lend itself to being the easiest and most open, but I need to know how the children would react to another child in the house before agreeing to a traditional foster care case. Maybe being a respite family is not helpful, now that the rules have changed and foster families are able to find their own means of childcare. When I was waiting for a placement, back in 2013, I was called many times for respite placements over the weekend. That is how I first met Primero. I guess, when there is a placement that fits into our tight restrictions, we will be called. Until then, we have plenty of things to keep us busy!

1 comment:

  1. I so admire you doing this. I'm awed by your capacity to open your heart.

    ReplyDelete