Monday, August 13, 2018

Green with Envy


Primero was gone all weekend. He left Friday before I got home from work and only came back Sunday night. My friend from work invited me out with a bunch of her friends to a local concert Saturday night, but I wasn’t able to attend because I had no one to watch the children. Instead, I sat home and watched them enjoy their time via Facebook posts. I’m not going to lie, I was pretty bummed and rather envious of their care-free Saturday night. But, as I posted my regrets on their status updates, I realized I wasn’t totally unhappy sitting on my couch in my pajamas, with my fluffy kitty on my lap. A quiet evening at home isn’t terrible. Besides, my friend wouldn’t be coming home to a little boy who says at least five times a day, “I love you Mommy wif all my heart” or a little girl who wants to curl up on her lap and chatter to her about everything under the sun. No, I could not just pop out for a girl’s night, but I feel more than blessed by my children and I’m content with our lives together.  


Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

4 comments:

  1. It is normal for a mother to feel this way. We want to have some time away from kids and house with friends and then when we aren't able to, we have the ability to see the silver linings in the form of recognising the generous shower of love from our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear this. I'm glad you had a soft fluffy kitty and gentle gratitude.

    ReplyDelete