Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Bone Bruise


Just as a brief follow up from my post on Monday – my wrist is not broken. I do not have a cyst. No, because those things would have solutions. Instead, I have a bruise on my first metatarsal bone. Yes, I bruised my bone. And, according to the chiropractor, it will take as long as a broken bone to heal. How did I manage to bruise a bone on the top of my hand? I thought I hurt myself doing a yoga pose used to stretch out wrist and hand muscles. Now, I’m not so sure something like that would bruise a bone. Oh, you’re wondering what you do for a bruised bone? Ice. Yup, that is all they have to offer. I have a brace to wear at night so I don’t over-extend my wrist and cause my hand to stiffen. But, during the day I have no restrictions on using it. Except it hurts. It hurts to hook and unhook my bra. It hurts to move my wrist up and down. It hurts to type. It hurts to pinch and grasp with my thumb and forefinger. It hurts to carry anything heavy. No, it is not my dominant hand, but I still use my left hand a lot and can you imagine how many times in a day I perform these activities? Sure, I could take an over-the-counter pain med, like Tylenol or Advil, but I’m not one to pop pills. So, I just have to sit around for weeks and weeks and wait for the bruise on my hand (that I cannot see, I might add - my hand looks totally normal, no swelling, no visible bruise) to heal. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment