Friday, June 10, 2016

Preschool Graduation


Last night was Chica Marie’s preschool graduation. Now, I personally think these little grade school graduations are silly, but I understand they are marking a stepping stone for the kids and sure, those milestones should be celebrated. The daycare did a good job last night with the celebration. And the kids did good with what they had prepared to present to the parents. Of course Chica Marie was the most vibrant and involved little one there. She’s a smart little girl and very in tuned to people and her surroundings. The event was held outside in their grassy play area and there were 6 kids “graduating” to start kindergarten in the fall. The kids wore yellow and purple caps and gowns and they pledged to the American flag and the Christian flag then introduced themselves and sang and danced to three songs. We were given Subway sandwiches and cupcakes after the graduation service. What was extra nice was they kept the little siblings in their classroom so they weren’t distracting the graduation ceremony. Love Bug didn’t particularly love this arrangement because he gets so excited to see me at the end of the day, but he did ok while I was with Chica Marie. Primero was at home because the celebration began right after I got out of work and I didn’t have time to run home and get back to the daycare. I think Primero was ok with this arrangement. I had bought Chica Marie a bouquet of bright daisy flowers and a graduation balloon, which she was excited to receive after getting her diploma. All-in-all, it was a lovely way to mark the beginning of a new chapter for the kids starting their formal educational journey.

 

I found out just after lunch today that the kids have court on Tuesday. The county case worker sent an email asking if I had been notified. Um, no! Luckily it is scheduled for Tuesday because my training in Harrisburg is Wednesday and Thursday next week and that would have made being in court not possible. And I have no idea why we must go to court. It made no sense when we did it for Primero and his mom’s rights were terminated and the adoption was imminent, and it makes no sense for the little guys. I guess the only good thing is I can ask the county case worker about the outcome of the TPR hearing which is scheduled for the day before. But, nothing like last minute notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment