Monday, June 13, 2016

TPR #Microblog Monday


Today is the TPR hearing for the little ones mom. I’m much more nervous about the outcome of this court hearing than I was when they were terminating Primero’s mom’s rights. Then, I knew what to expect. She had signed the termination papers and agreed to the courts terminating her parental rights for Primero. There were no surprises, no battles, no contesting the court decision. I don’t know that the option to sign termination papers was even presented to the little ones mom. She has been much more adversarial than Primero’s mom and sometimes I felt like she fought just for the sake of fighting. Other times, I know she thought she was fighting the right battle, the right injustices, but she was going about it in the wrong manner. So, I’m not sure what to expect from this court hearing. I’m glad we don’t need to be there, I’m sure it’s not pleasant. I’m hoping the county case worker will update us tomorrow when we have court so we know the outcome. Then, we wait the 30 day appeal time and get moving on the adoption paperwork to make our little family official!

5 comments:

  1. Wishing all good things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good thoughts for everyone's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping it has gone smoothly for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, the TPR hearing did not happen yesterday. It was continued. I don't know when it was or will be rescheduled. We went to court this morning for a permanency hearing and there was a lot of talk about how good bio mom is doing now, but how it's just a little too late since the children have been in care for over 2 years (and the little guy for nearly 2 years). More about our emotional morning in a full post to come.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a difficult situation. A mother who had her kids removed from her care who is still fighting. Children who have grown to love another and you caring for them while witnessing all of this. I'm sorry you all have to go through it. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete