Friday, June 24, 2016

Summer Bucket List


Summer Bucket List:

 

So, I took the Myers Briggs personality test and discovered I am an ENFP. Basically, I am a dreamer who relishes freedom and creativity. And, yes I do, to a certain extent. I know for a fact I have a penchant for exploring new exciting places and I do tend to dream big, even if I don’t follow through on it (which is a trait of an ENFP, apparently). So my Summer Bucket list is a wishful list as much as a guide to what to do this summer.

 

  1. National Parks - It’s the 100th anniversary of the park service in the US and I would like to celebrate by seeing a few national parks in our state. Something, I’m sad to say, I have never done with any of my foster kids. A friend of mine had posted a list of waterfalls that one could see in a weekend trip. I was thinking that might be fun and it would include National Parks. This might require getting a back-pack I can wear to carry Love Bug….
  2. Caves - In addition to National Parks, I sort of have a hankering for spelunking. Well, not the real kind, more of the guided tour type of cave exploration. A few summers ago when I took Primero to West Virginia, we visited two caves and I was hooked. Sure, I’ve been to the cave near us (Crystal Springs), but there are two others I’ve been wanting to visit, including Indian Echo Caverns and Penn’s Cave (which is actually seen from a boat, since the cave is submerged). 
  3. Lake Tobias - My parents took me and one of my little guys to Lake Tobias a few years ago and it was a very enjoyable experience. We talked about going last year but my mom felt Love Bug was too young. This year I think he would be into it more, so I’m hoping we can all go together.
  4. Amusement parks – I love roller coasters. Love. Them! This trip would require another adult or two, since the little ones can’t (and probably won’t) ride the big roller coasters. Actually, this might be a trip for just me and Primero….
  5. Beach - Primero is working this summer, but I was thinking of taking a few days to go down the shore the week before school starts. We’ll have to see if I can save enough vacation days from work until then.
  6. Fairs – When I was in 4-H I showed at all of the local fairs and even some not-so-local fairs. I haven’t really been back as a spectator, but I would like to take the kids this year because the little guy is old enough to enjoy and Chica Marie liked the Farm Show we attended in January.
  7. Staycation in Doubletree  – There is a new hotel in town and every time we drive by it Primero exclaims how pretty the rooms look (you can see inside through various windows) and how he wants to stay there. I agreed we could spend a staycation night in the hotel and have secretly booked a room for an overnight the beginning of July. It might be silly, since the hotel is maybe an 8 minute drive from our home, but the change of scenery can feel like a vacation, plus I got brunch for all of us included with the room, so I don’t have to make breakfast!
  8. SkyZone  – This trampoline Park hosts Family Nights on Wednesday evenings, so we could all jump for an hour and share a pizza and 4 soft drinks ($45). I think this would be great fun! They also have a Glow Zone Friday nights, but the little ones would probably be frightened since it’s under black lights.
  9. Dutch Springs – This place looks awesome!  A friend mentioned it on Facebook and I looked it up to find it is some sort of reservoir where they put big inflatable toys in the water, like slides and trampolines, for everyone to have fun. They also offer scuba diving, but that’s not something we can all do together, so we will probably just stick with the inflatables. This might be combined with the waterfall hiking trip, since they are in close proximity. We could make it a weekend excursion!


1 comment: