Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Can you do it tonight?

    Yesterday was such a hectic day. It started with yet another appointment with the Infertility Clinic, bright and early in the morning. They wanted to see if I had ovulated over the weekend or not. Getting blood out of my poor vein was not easy. I use my left arm because the right one does not have a great vein. It blew out when I was getting my wisdom teeth out (not great for someone who already despises needles). Anyway, after that trauma it was time for yet another ultrasound. There were still some follicles hanging out and it was not very clear when I would be ovulating. The hormone levels would paint a clearer picture. The nurse called me later yesterday afternoon and told me I was ovulating NOW and asked if we could "do it" that night. Well, sure we got up extra early to come to the office before I went to work (Flaco does not work Mondays or Tuesdays) and I had a meeting last night in Valley Forge (nearly an hour away) and wouldn't be home until 10-ish, but sure we'll get it on. . . . Which we did. And I spent the whole time trying to imagine the little sperms meeting up with the eggs. I kept mentally encouraging them and I imagined myself introducing sperm to egg. I willed our bodies to make a baby. How romantic! I go back to the office on Tuesday for the results meeting and to check on hormone levels again. I am thinking they will be checking to see if I am pregnant, but the nurse refrained from saying this directly. I am trying to stay hopeful.
     In other news, from the explanation of benefit forms I have been getting, it appears that the insurance is covering the testing and office visits we have been doing thus far. So, we just pay our co-pay every time we go in and for the medication and the insurance is footing the bill thus far. I am so grateful for this, because it looks like the bills are already up over $1,500 and counting. And we haven't even done anything expensive yet! All the more reason for this month to be THE month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment