Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Now what?!

     My period was imminent. The nurse told me it would come "any minute now" on Monday. It hasn't. The spotting (which at it's heaviest hardly required a panty liner) has nearly stopped. STOPPED! And, so now I am going insane! What could possibly be wrong NOW?! I was supposed to call the office when my period started. I know my period and it definitely requires more than a panty liner. The spotting gets heavier until the full flow (or, as I call it, gushing) is here, at times soaking through tampons onto pads. Uh, that has not happened. Will it happen? How long do I wait? What if there is something else wrong with me?! Tomorrow is Thursday and my period was due Tuesday. I will call the Infertility Doctor tomorrow and tell them what is going on. And try not to lose my mind in the meantime. I mean, who ever heard of such a crazy thing? If I am not pregnant, then I want to get my period and get over it to prepare for next month. I don't want to deal with more waiting and random, lingering spotting. Why can't my body cooperate just this once?

2 comments:

  1. That is frustrating. I have only ever had my period by super late twice. Once it finally came on it's own and the other time I had to do those little yellow vaginal suppositories. Both were right after I started seeing a new RE, so I just contributed it to the stress. I hope AF visits soon so you can get on with things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm a worrier, so I know how you are feeling, but I also have had plenty of "off" cycles because of stress. I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I know lots of women that this happens to during fertility treatments. Hopefully AF will come soon (how often can you say that?).

    ReplyDelete