Monday, May 4, 2015

Sibling Instability


Saturday at Chica Marie’s PCIT therapy I discovered that the older sister is going to be moved again. The latest foster family just served their 30 days’ notice. Oddly enough, this news solidified my resolve to soldier on with Chica Marie’s behaviors. I know it’s hard, but giving up a child only makes their behaviors more engrained because now they have evidence that through their aggression, defiance, and general disobedience they can make a family go away. When the sister moves, she will be in her 6th foster home in a little over a year (I think the girls came into care in April or May of last year – I don’t know for certain, but I do know it was before May because that is when I began having Chica Marie in respite). I wonder if sending the older sister to the grandmother might be back on the table at this point? If the visits are cancelled (no word on that yet), it would mean a lot less running back and forth. I don’t know. I feel bad for the girl. Every time she sees me she begs to come for a sleep-over. Right now, with how Chica Marie has been behaving, that would be a terrible idea. I hope I can meet the new foster family so I can invite them and the older sister to the baby’s birthday party. There’s never a dull moment around here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment