Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Little Monsters


Are my children predators? Are they evil little monsters? Is there any hope for a future not cluttered with the consequences of undesirable behaviors? Can I keep defending them? Should I?
 
It seems every day brings a fresh new hell. It is at the point where I absolutely dread picking my children up at daycare simply because I don’t want to hear what they did during the day. Last Wednesday Love Bug stuck his hand up the shirt of another child’s TSS worker while at bowling. He also touched another teacher’s rear end. Love Bug likes the feeling of skin. He likes to stroke my arms and he will stick his hand under my sleeve. It isn’t a sexually motivated action (at least not to my untrained understanding), it is a sensory thing. Rather than being sensitive to touch, Love Bug seems to crave it. He needs the extra sensory input. This is not to excuse the behavior, just to explain it. But, the whole scenario came on the heels of Chica Maire’s inappropriate touching being reported to a therapist and CYS and I feel like we are being judged. Why are my children touching people? I was told the TSS worker “didn’t want to make trouble” but just wanted it to be know my child touched her. He turned 5 three weeks ago. He is a child. He did not understand what he did was wrong. Could we please just keep that in mind? What kind of trouble would she start with a 5 year old? Get him arrested? Sue him/me for damages? Every time I think my stress level has reached a peak, something happens that seems to push it even higher. The dizzy headaches have now begun; precursor to migraines. I do not know what to do. I keep trying to find the solution for my Love Bug and Chica Marie as well. We are in some tough times right now but I know they will not last forever. We just need to find some new ways of managing. My children are not evil. They just need help.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. It sounds innocent to me as well. I know my daughter also loves to rub my arms and seems to like the feeling of skin. She also tries to hold other kids hands and touch their faces but they aren't always receptive.

    ReplyDelete