Monday, February 12, 2018

Bullet Recap


Bullet recap of recent things:

 

  • Primero’s friend who is pregnant told the baby’s father about the pregnancy. She snuck him into the house, again (which she got in trouble for doing before and is the main reason she won’t tell her mom about the pregnancy) for a secret rendezvous and told him her plan was to get her father (he’s estranged from the family) to help her get an abortion. Primero was angry at her for sneaking her ex-boyfriend back into her place and angry at her for telling him because he thinks it means she plans to keep the baby. Meanwhile, her blood pressure keeps spiking high and she’s taking medication that is probably not good for a developing fetus, should she decide to not get an abortion. The entire mess makes me batty, so I have to practice deep breathing and remind myself, “Not my circus, not my monkeys.” Sigh.
  • Mini Momma came for a sleep-over. We had a minor spat regarding her wearing her heavy winter jacket during the cooking class, but mostly it was a nice visit. For whatever reason, she got it into Chica Marie’s head that I should buy them baby dolls while we were out at an adoption meet-and-greet for our foster dog. I had previously promised Chica Marie she could get new earrings  (she settled on ice cream cones, donuts, and unicorns), but refused to buy them dolls. She also tried talking Chica Marie into getting me to stop for McDonalds on the way home from church, but I pretended to not hear them. It bothered me because Chica Marie doesn’t usually ask for things like that (if she sees something, maybe) and it all just got on my nerves, honestly.
  • We went to church on Sunday, the first time in a long time. Getting me and three kids out the door on time reminded me why we don’t often go to church – because I totally need to repent of all the unkind words I said in my head before
  • Mini Momma told us two of their older siblings are going to be parents. One of their older twin sisters is expecting and one of their older brother’s girlfriends is due in April. Chica Marie, not understanding biology, was upset that her sister didn’t tell them at the picnic over the summer. I didn’t confirm with Grandma if this is true, but I will try to do so tactfully in the near future.
  • Have you ever had a nightmare where pregnant bellies were busting open and zombie babies were trying to get you?
  • I finally packed up all the baby stuff and delivered it to Esperanza’s friend’s house. She was grateful for everything but her mom pitched a fit about it taking up too much room, so I’m going back to collect the crib and either give her the small crib I didn’t want to part with, or the pack-n-play which I worry wouldn’t be good for a newborn. I also still need to go through the baby clothing to give her things for the baby to wear. I don’t know how she can be so zen about having nothing for the baby other than a diaper gene. I’m freaking out for her!
  • Someone I follow on Facebook posted a story about how she thought she would never have kids, she tried to convince her husband to leave her so he could have the family he wanted and just two months after that she found out she was pregnant. She went on to have a second child all because she never gave up and had enough faith to make it happen. Barf! I so wanted to reply, but given all the positive (other women who struggled with infertility but managed to eventually give birth) responses I knew I would be shamed for being negative. To me, there is nothing worse than the self-righteous infertile who claim faith and perseverance for their good fortune in baby-making. The reality is not all infertile people will resolve their infertility with a biological child. And it isn’t because they lack faith or because they didn’t stick-to-it, it’s just the way the genetic cookie crumbles. Life isn’t fair and no amount of faith or perseverance can change that fact.
  • I’m having my thyroid biopsy today. I’m nervous about being stabbed in the neck four times, even if they do try to numb the area with the magical spray. I’m not worried they will find anything life-altering and I’m looking forward to putting the whole thing behind me.
Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

2 comments:

  1. Self Care. Self Care. Self Care.

    Whew.

    Yeah, I'd have some serious choice words for the former infertile on Facebook too. I'm impressed that you are able to do the Not my circus not my monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I find self-care as a single parent to be an oxymoron. My self-care last night was homemade popcorn with ridiculous amounts of melted butter. Which doesn't help the losing weight thing. I guess I'm getting better at compartmentalizing things and not making it about me when it isn't about me. Not my circus, not my monkeys has become something of a mantra lately....

      Delete