Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Four Years Together


Today marks the fourth anniversary of Primero moving in, thus starting our journey to becoming a family. Primero reminded me of the date earlier this week, commenting that he misses the simplicity of our earlier days. I agreed and we reminisced about the beginning. Part of the changes were due to the little ones moving in and the rest results of Primero maturing. As I mentioned to him, sometimes it seems like four years is a long time, sometimes I can’t believe we haven’t been together longer. Primero has been such a blessing in my life, it’s hard to sum it up in simple terms. I’m very lucky that he is the amazing young man that he is and, despite my recent malaise, he is a really good kid. I’m so grateful I have been able to be a part of his life these last four years and I’m equally as grateful to take a backseat and watch the amazing things he will do next. With his beautiful heart and strong determination, I know he will go far in life and succeed in achieving the goals he sets for himself. I’m looking forward to the next four years and many, many more after that.   

1 comment: