Friday, February 16, 2018

Follow Up


Last night Primero took the pack-n-play to Esperanza’s expecting friend. I also sent the baby bottles, nipples and a large bag of clothing along. I tried to not think of the baby clothing, just dumped it into the bag, all of the baby boy clothing I had from 0-6 months. I kept a few pieces, things that I have vivid memories of Love Bug wearing, but the rest I just sent along. Primero brought the crib back to the house so now I need to decide to rehouse it or find another home in need. I heard from Esperanza that her friend’s grandmother is planning on buying her a bassinet, so my worries about a newborn sleeping in a pack-n-play were relieved. A bassinet is a much better option, in my opinion. I was sincerely worried for this young woman when Esperanza told me the only thing she had was a diaper gene. I know, it’s really none of my business, but the thought of bringing a baby home and not being prepared at all just frightened me. Maybe her family was planning on getting her things, I don’t know, but she’s due in April, so I think it’s better to be prepared than not.

 

The other not-my-business situation with Primero’s pregnant friend really has me upset. Again, not my circus and all that, but I am only human and things tend to crawl under my skin. The pregnant friend, as reported to me by Primero, is still hoping her estranged father will consent and pay for her to have an abortion. It does not seem that she has spoken to him, so it might just be wishful thinking. She is still struggling with high blood pressure and taking blood pressure medication, which Primero stated she hopes causes a miscarriage. Her back-up plan is to have someone punch her in the stomach to cause a miscarriage. And I just can’t. I understand her not wanting to proceed with the pregnancy and her desire for an abortion. Do I think she should have done a better job in actually preventing the pregnancy? Yes, but an early abortion under the direction of a doctor would help her out of the sticky situation she got herself into. It’s her continued irresponsibility that is making me have heart palpitations every time Primero brings up her name. I have voiced out loud if she sincerely wants an abortion or if perhaps she wants to have the baby. By her current actions, she seems a likely candidate to have a baby in a public bathroom and walk away. I know that sounds harsh, but asking someone to punch you in the stomach to end the pregnancy is pretty reprehensible. As someone unable to get pregnant, this entire situation rakes over me like nails on a chalkboard. My steady recommendation to Primero is that she just tell her mother. I understand the girl is worried about her mother’s reaction, especially considering how angry her mother was after the boyfriend was caught sneaking in, but these are the consequences she faces for the choices she made. She chose to sneak the boy back into her house, multiple times. They chose to not use any form of birth control. They were being reckless and irresponsible, as teenagers are wont to do. But, it’s time to man-up now and face the music. Her mother is suspicious and asking about her period, what better time to fess up? I keep hoping her mother finds out so the whole saga can be put to rest. Not my circus, not my monkeys but it’s been bothering the hell outta me!

 

Yesterday the endocrinology office called me to let me know everything is ok with my thyroid, the findings were negative, benign. So, that is good news. I’m not sure if I need to go back to see the endocrinologist or not, the office is supposed to call me back with an answer to that question. In the meantime, I’m continuing with the regimen the nutritionist has me doing because I think it’s is helping. Except the Progesterone. It takes time to get the refills, which results in time without the medication that results in errant bleeding. Oh does that drive me batty! Mid-cycle bleeding, early spotting before my period, random moments of spotting for no reason at all – I hate my body! Will my body ever just make the hormones it needs? Could my body just be normal?! No, I suppose not. But, at least my thyroid is not trying to kill me….  

No comments:

Post a Comment