Thursday, May 31, 2018

Adulting


Primero wants his privileges back. He wants me to resume paying for his music and PlayStation account and GameFly, etc. I’m reluctant to jump right back to where we were. I feel like I was too trusting and I opened myself up for greater pain and hurt because I allowed Primero to have such free reign with certain things. He does not see the correlation between his behaviors and loss of these things and he is insisting the stipend I get from adopting him should be spent on his entertainment and $150 sneakers, plus spending money at his discretion. I’m trying to not start a fight again, but I feel like this needs to be a wake-up call to the reality of adulthood. You can’t take on that mantel whenever you like and discard it when it doesn’t get you what you want. If you are an adult and don’t need someone telling you what to do, then you should be adult enough to pay for the things you want. I feel like this thing will never end, like we will keep circling back to this same issue again and again and before long I’ll be in the same boat with the younger two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment