Monday, December 31, 2018

Delightful


In 2016 I discovered the Word of the Year. It was a way to bring focus to a goal or part of a goal you wished to achieve in the coming new year. Three years ago things were murky with the little ones and other upheavals in our lives made me choose the word Stay, as in “stay the course” and see it through. In 2017 I wanted something to push growth and I chose the word Thrive to imply not just growth but also accomplishment, flourishing. Last year I was feeling rather ho-hum about the whole thing until a random Facebook quiz alerted me to the word Ready. I felt ready for something to come to an end and for new things to get started. It seemed like a good fit. I feel like the words I chose worked for those years but they also feel hard, like words of struggle or strife. I want to enjoy 2019, I want to find joy in the everyday and leave the harder things behind. I tried a random word assignment quiz and it gave me dance. I chose again and it gave me organize, then escape, and finally blossom before I moved onto a different quiz. The second quiz gave me the word Delight. Ah, yes that fits! I want 2019 to be a delight; light and airy and full of beautiful things! 2019 - Delight

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment