Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Random Act of Kindness - Day 19

Last night Chica Marie came into my room to sleep on my floor. I'm not sure how long after making the grueling trek through the kitchen, past the bathroom, into the living room and finally my room, she woke me up crying.

"Chica, what's wrong?" I asked groggily. I thought maybe a cat or dog had accidentally done something to hurt or scare her.

"I need to go to the bathroom," she whined, sobbing.

"So go," I responded, hoping to fall back to sleep quickly but already worrying I wouldn't.

"I'm scared!" she cried, sobbing even harder.

"I'm right here, just go," I responded.

She stood in my doorway and muttered, "The Christmas tree is scaring me."

"But, you know it's the tree, so just go," I finally convinced her to dash to the bathroom. And, then I struggled to fall back to sleep. And the day really didn't improve too much from there.

After work Love Bug and I drove to the bowling alley to pick up Chica Marie. Then we rushed back into town, grabbed dinner at McDonald's and got to Chica Marie's dance practice just in the nick of time. At practice, Love Bug accidentally peed on my leg. We got home, cleaned up after the dogs and got Chica Marie in the tub when Primero text me asking to be picked up from work. It was a long, grueling day. And work sucked a lot too.

On our ride home from practice, Chica Marie asked what our random act of kindness was going to be. She was verbally sparing with Love Bug and I suggested they be nice to one another and not fight because that is kind.

"But, that is not on the list!" she insisted.

"It will be when we get home!" I declared. Honestly, it was the very best we could do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment