Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Random Act of Kindness - Day 18

Tonight was the CHOR Christmas party. I wasn't going to sign us up to attend. The kids are adopted, so it felt weird to be going to a foster care party. I do know another family who adopted years ago and still attends nearly every year. I guess they are still thinking of adopting again. But, when the family worker asked if we were going last week the kids begged to go and I conceded. I didn't have anything planned for our act of kindness. I was going to take cookies to the local firefighters but I didn't want to rush it and we would have been pressed for time tonight. We talked about it a bit on the ride to the Christmas party, so I thought I would keep an eye out for the kids doing nice things. Chica Marie was kind to her brother and other little kids, playing nicely with them. She was also helping our previous family worker and acting very well behaved. Love Bug was having fun playing and being nice to the other kids. He didn't get too upset when he saw me holding a baby. He was also very chatty and nice to the two entertainers who were there for the kids. I pointed out what I saw on our ride home and thought that would be good for our act of kindness. But, as I was laying with Love Bug on the bottom bunk, Chica Marie asked why we didn't do anything today. She was not satisfied with my response about the kind things they did at the party. So, I suggested she say one nice thing about her brother and asked her brother to say once nice thing about her. Then they asked me to say nice things about Primero, his friend, Esperanza and Primero's friends dog as well at the two of them. Chica Marie was disappointed this activity was not listed on the paper where I wrote out ideas. She wanted to double check our list to make sure we stick to doing the things written there. At least I know she will keep me honest!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the spontaneous things are the best things! I am loving your random acts of kindness journey and I think it’s such a lovely way to celebrate the holidays and model the season of giving for the kids.

    ReplyDelete