Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Last Cry


Not long after being unfairly stripped of the vice president title at school (his presidential running mate decided she didn’t want the work that came with the title after they won the election. There’s a lot more politicking to it than that, but that’s the Reader’s Digest version), Primero got involved in a play (titled, The Last Cry) that was written by a fellow classmate. He tried out on a whim and won the leading male role. The plot was related to bullying and suicide prevention and slated to be performed during suicide/bulling prevention day at school. I had read the script and knew a lot about the play from Primero, but the scene where the girl harms herself still got me. It was very intense and sadly realistic. Primero played a very convincing abusive boyfriend, which agitated one of the men sitting near me during the play. I was so proud of Primero and so glad he chose to be a part of this play. In a way, I felt like my old Primero was back, the one who was involved in something he was passionate about and who worked really hard to produce something he could be proud of. I was immensely proud of him and I’m really looking forward to seeing the follow up that he says is in the works. Apparently, the filmography teacher wants to make a short film and submit it to a film festival. This is something Primero is good at, something that helps him hone his creativity and get connected with likeminded friends. I sincerely hope he is able to stay involved in the short film and can enjoy the film festival as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment