Saturday, December 8, 2018

Random Acts of Kindness - Day 8

This morning we went to Primero's school for breakfast with Santa. It was a nice time and the kids looked adorable in their Christmas outfits. Primero was mostly working at the event, trying to put in the necessary community service hours as a senior. After we finished breakfast and our crafts, we decided to do our random act of kindness. I thought it would be hard for the kids, I thought maybe Love Bug would pitch a fit, but I was pleasantly surprised. We had a box of candy canes to hand out to other little kids. I thought for sure each one of my kids would end up with a candy cane, but they gave all of them away, rather cheerfully, I might add. I was so proud of them.

Later in the day Primero went to the mall with a friend. The friend stays with us sometimes so she knows about our random act of kindness. While at the food court in the mall, the Subway cashier was overwhelmed and stressed. She was complaining a bit to them and another guy there ordering a sandwich. The other customer was trying to keep her positive, telling her how hard his job is and whatnot. So, Primero's friend, inspired by our random acts of kindness, decided to pay for his meal. How amazing is that? I hope the small things we do can keep rippling out into the world with more kindness.

1 comment:

  1. Aw that's great that the random acts of kindness are inspiring other people!

    ReplyDelete