Saturday, December 15, 2018

Random Act of Kindness - Day 15

Today for our act of kindness we left as glowing review on a the Facebook page of a local small business. Initially, Chica Marie suggested we compliment my father's organic chicken stand at the local famer's market because she said it was her favorite small business (although, her understanding of small business was not really complete). I suggested we choose a local restaurant instead. I kept the review relatively simple, complimenting not just their delicious cuisine, but also their sense of community and how they take part in so many activities to support our town. It is getting harder and harder to think of non-monetary acts of kindness. Tomorrow we are going to bake cookies for Love Bug to take to school (no homemade treats are allowed at Chica Marie's school) and we will also make extra to give to the local firefighters and hopefully have enough to drop with the local police department. I think, if we decide to do this again next year, I will not be so ambitious as to choose all 24 days leading up to Christmas, maybe just the 12 days prior. I think I might be getting kindness fatigue....

No comments:

Post a Comment